Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bueller... Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...

My life this week has been time-warped... My sorority's philanthropy event, benefitting diabetes research and education, Alpha Gam Lip Jam is 'Legends of the 80's' themed. As the Master of Ceremonies for the evening, I had to do my research. I have been listening to 80's music, watching 80's movies, and exploring 80's styles all week long! So in light of the decade that was TOTALLY TWISTED, I found a reel of commercials from the time. The lack of technology is apparent with animations involving video recorded toy cars and simple shapes. Music is also plays an important role. The jingles were a definite favorite. Outside of all of the technicalities, however, I believe they were still effective. One of the greatest commercials of all time, "1984", for Apple Computers is from this decade. All in all, enjoy this insight into my life and the flashback to a decade of big hair, bright colors, and great music!

Bueller... Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...

No comments: