Monday, March 1, 2010

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter


Ok, so I'm going to get nerdy on you guys for a second. I absolutely love Harry Potter. I've read all the books and seen all the movies (obviously the books are ten times better), and I just can't get enough of Harry Potter. I started following the series when I was about 8 years old, when the first book was published. One of my elementary school teachers knew I loved to read and she recommended it to me; needless to say I became hooked. I just think it is really cool that I kinda of grew up with the series, the 7th book came out when I was going into my senior year of high school. Now that all of the books are done and the movies are coming to a close, I am honestly sad and definately feel that it is the end of an era. That being said, I am EXTREMELY excited about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter that is opening up at Islands of Adventure in Orlando. They are building a new section of the park that is completely devoted to the Harry Potter franchise. The restaurants and shops will all be like their counterparts in the Harry Potter series, and there will even be a couple of rides based on the series. I cannot wait and I am really hoping to be able to go opening weekend, I've heard some of the actors from the Harry Potter films will be attending. That all being said, here is a link to the website in case you guys are curious =). Thanks for dealing with my nerdy rambling!


The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

2 comments:

Lys said...

I'm just as dorky as You when it comes to harry potter!! I'm sickly obsessed with it too!

Jessica said...

I am so excited for this! I will definitely be making a trip to Harry Potter World this summer :)