Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Grad School.....REALLY?

Chelsee's blog became inspriation for my bolg.

I attended a seminar the other day: Senior Experience. It was hosted by a few alumns in my sorority who are now working at the career center on campus. The hour long meeting discussed how to contruct a resume and how to look presentable during an interview...all of which I have learned much about through Ad Club trips.

However, I was shocked to remember that I am applying to graduate school within the semester. It will still be for a Communications program; however, my concentration will be vastly different. I keeping hearing the voices of many agencies in my head telling me to list relevant course work and to keep education toward the bottom. Although, I am not sure that is the best advice for my graduate program. All of the course work I have done for Advertising may or may not bolster my ability to be a Broadcast Journalism student. I also have more I would like to add to my resume, but I am not sure what to cut.

Needless to say, beyond my admission essay, I am in a crisis. If anyone has any feedback, opinions, where to find the answers, etc. PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Grad School.....REALLY?

No comments: