Tuesday, September 23, 2008

When Bars Fight Back...

Usually you hear of bar fights between two people, but what happens when the second party is the bar itself? Last Wednesday, I attended a fraternity crush at the Painted Lady. The theme was Guys in Ties, Girls in Pearls...harmless enough right?
Well half way through the night, I went into the bathroom. While washing my hands, I saw the entire mirror start leaning towards me. Before I knew it the mirror had shattered at my feet, my purse and phone were strewn about. The manager and bouncers rushed into the bathroom and asked how it happened. One of the fraternity boys rushed me out of the bathroom, and took me into the guys bathroom to clean my hand off...I didn't even realize that I was cut. The EMT on staff came to clean up my finger and told me I didn't need stitches; instead, my compensation for the night was one free drink! Did I mention drinks were a dollar.
Thankfully, the next day I already had a doctors appointment, because my finger was still bleeding. The doctor told me I would need two stitches tops. Yet, four stitches later I survived!

When Bars Fight Back...

No comments: