Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We're best friends she just doesn't know it yet.

So this weekend I went to JAX for the game and had a great time, but this blog is not about the weekend but about Chelsea Handler. This weekend I bought her first book that she wrote in JAX and I was so excited. Then last night I found myself talking about her to my group members, so I thought that I should blog about her. Well if you don't know who she is (Susan I know you do!) she is a comedian and has a show on E! called Chelsea Lately every night at 11:30 and has two books out. I realized that I love her when her show came on over a year ago and me and my roommate had a wonderful ritual of watching her every night before we went to bed and would find ourselves cracking up. Her show usually has three parts to it, the first she has a round table where her and usually 3 comedians gossip about things happening, then the second part she usually does some type of skit, and she ends the show doing an interview with some type of celebrity (even though they normally aren't too famous). She just says things how they are and doesn't hold back, personally the reason why I don't think there are ever A-list celebrities on her show. She's never ashamed of saying something, she drinks, has a lot of sex, farts, drinks more, has smoked pot, and many many other things. She is also a fabulous writer. When I found out that she had a new book coming out I just had to buy and now its a Best Seller, its called Are You There Vodka, Its Me Chelsea?. Its a book about all of her life stories, from getting babysitting when she was 14, to DUI, to dating a red head, to having a trip with her father and many more. It truly a laugh out loud book and the more you read it the more you want to tell all of your friends about the crazy and insane stories that she had. Now I bought the first book she ever wrote this weekend called My Horizontal Life, its about her one night stands and I just can't wait to begin it! Most of my friends love her too. My friend and I are even considering going to LA for spring break so that we can go and see her show and (hopefully!!) meet her! So like I said I think we are best friends, but she just doesn't know it yet and encourage all of you to watch her show if you want to have a good laugh! Here is something from one of her shows that was a really funny skit. ( I was telling Amanda about this last night) So please check it out you will laugh promise! 



We're best friends she just doesn't know it yet.

No comments: