Tuesday, September 23, 2008

An Inconvenient Truth more convenient.

I am in no way a tree-hugger. Granted, I'd like to have both arms around the tree, their just too busy carrying plastic bags and water bottles.

With as much information out there I actually am still a bit skeptical about the whole gloom and doom, global warming thing. Yes, I think we as a society are harming the earth, but I also think that some of the so called “effects” are simply earth’s cyclical nature. I mean have you read the article on livestock producing more greenhouse gasses than transportation? http://talk.livedaily.com/showthread.php?t=558643

But that doesn’t mean that I still don’t try and do things to be more eco-friendly, like recycling (unless I can’t find a recycling bin) and turning off extra lights (except when I forget.)

I think most people are like me and try to do their little part. For instance, my sister has a fabulous eco-stylish baby boutique, Little Speckled Frog. Yes, this is a shameless plug, but hey I’m an Ad major!
Anyways, she recently showed me new search engines that are "green." Apparently, a white background uses more energy. The search engine, The Green Spider, actually lets you choose the color of your background and thus how much energy you want to save. The spider kind of scares me but it gets the job done. This is just one of the many companies everywhere that are making the switch easier.

My favorite eco-friendly innovation has got to be the new concept cars. I ran across this Honda concept car. The PUYO is a "small, four-passenger zero-emission electric car powered by Honda's proven fuel-cell system." It's completely weird looking. However, t
he British have an awesome hydrogen fuel cell car, LIFEcar.

Al Gore, I'll gladly do my part to help the earth by driving this car.





An Inconvenient Truth more convenient.

No comments: