Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Having trouble being creative...

This is the first time since I began blogging for this class a year ago that I honestly can't think of anything creative to write about. Maybe my mind is wrapped up with thoughts of my other classes that do not allow me to be creative. I have a lot of work in my other classes, which could be the reason that I am having trouble blogging. So, in order to help myself figure out a topic, I decided to google creativity. I've always been a huge fan of quotes, since they tend to give me motivation, so I am going to list some quotes about creativity that I discovered. 


"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
-Joseph Chilton Pierce

"Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun."
-Mary Lou Cook (This quote reminds me of our World Famous class!)

"To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly."
-Henri Bergson

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
-Pablo Picasso

-This quote also reminds me of our class. We have discussed in class how most classes inhibit our creativity, but in WFCS II, we walk into an environment in which we can flourish creatively every time. Here it is:

"There are two ways of being creative. One can sing and dance. Or one can create an environment in which singers and dancers flourish."
-Warren G. Bennis

Well, I hope some of you are motivated by these quotes. As I said, quotes definitely help motivate me and push me to be as creative as possible everyday. See you all in class tomorrow!

Having trouble being creative...

No comments: