Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Some Of My Creativity!







This week I have decided to show you all something that I do on my own that is part of my creativity, since its what we have been talking about all semester so far. I love arts and crafts and since I was young I used to go with my grandmother to the senior center every Saturday when they would have all types of arts and crafts for you to learn or practice on. I used to love it. We would take a white shirt go to Walmart get cool fabric with things we like on it for example different fish, flowers, plants, whatever. Then we would cut out the shapes and iron them on to the t-shirt and then finally put puffy paint around it. I think most of you know what I'm talking about. Then we would sew and scrapbook. There were so many things to do. Well one thing that I have picked up that I just can't stop doing is making mosaic picture frames.  I absolutely love doing it. And since I was in high school I would make them for my friends for their birthdays. It was such an accomplishment to see the look on their faces when they opened there presents. Now in college I still keep doing it. Just about every one of my friends that turned 21 within the past year have gotten one. Not only have I just made picture frames but I have also made mirrors. One for my mom and my older sister. And finally when we first bought our house and had the vines and trellises in the backyard my dad asked me to made little pieces to put into the beams. So I did when my mom went on vacation somewhere and we had it done before she got home. Here I am showing you guys just some of the various things I have made with mosaics. I just love to go around and find different colors and think of different ways to do it. This is just one thing that I have done with my creativity and it does take me back to my childhood! So I hope you all enjoy them! 

Some Of My Creativity!

2 comments:

Tom Laughon said...

I'm dancing. I'm dancing. I'm dancing.

Andrea Wolf said...

I absolutely love these!! I've always wanted to buy one of those mosaic to-do kits at a craft store but chickened out! Now you've inspired me to try it out! : )

ps--It was my 21st birthday last March, can I have a belated gift? Hahahah, I'm totally just kidding.