Sunday, September 14, 2008

On a Sunday...

Typically, Sundays are when I sleep in and just take it easy for the day. To kick this Sunday off, my roomies woke me up early to get breakfast at IHOP! I remember when I first moved to this town as a freshman, I was upset that there wasn’t an IHOP or a Denny’s in town. Back home, we spent a lot of late nights at those places. And I love to eat breakfast any time of the day. I decided it would be worth waking up at 9 to trek over there. I guess since this IHOP is fairly new, the place was packed! It took a total of 3 hours to get a table, eat, and the check. But oh was it worth it..pancakes easily brighten up my day..as long as I don’t eat too much.

Of course I ate too much, so once we got home, I was too stuffed to move around. I grabbed a book to read, but after an hour of pleading with me, my roommate convinced me that we should wash our cars on the lawn. She had also invited friends of hers to wash their cars as well, so there was a few of us out there. My sponge must’ve gotten mixed in with other sponges because after drying my car, I noticed white swirl marks all over the surface, as if the paint had been scratched. Feeling exhausted and drained, I went to the auto store to purchase a polish that would remove the marks. So now I’m in my room, waiting to apply this polish (the instructions say not to apply it in direct sunlight AND I have to wait for the surface to cool!) when all I want most is to just relax, and take it easy. At least I got some great pancakes out of this.

On a Sunday...

No comments: