Monday, September 29, 2008

Flu, Colds, Sinus pain...anyone else suffering??

This week has been one of the most unproductive weeks for me...and it's been driving me crazy! It started early last week when I felt like I was getting the flu (fever, etc.) but I figured I was just tired and burnt out from work and lack of sleep. Seven days later...no improvement.

After contemplating allergies and sinuses are to blame, I've self-diagnosed myself with a sinus infection. (I'll find out at my dr. apt Wednesday). While my stomach feels fine, I've hardly any work done do to the "fogginess" in my head...not fun! I have a new found respect (and empathy!) for people with chronic sinus issues.

I know the flu, colds and allergies are going around. Here's a little help in deciphering what you are feeling.

Cold Symptoms
Cold symptoms include:*
Slow onset.
No prostration.
Fever Headache is rare.
Runny nose, Sneezing.
Mild Fatigue.
Cough, chest discomfort.
Sore Throat.
Flu Symptoms

Flu symptoms include:*
Swift, severe onset.
Prominent Prostration.
Flushed, hot moist skin.
102-104 degree temp.
Chills, body aches.
Extreme fatigue,
can last 2-3 weeks.
Cough, sore throat.
Sinus Infection Symptoms

Sinus infection symptoms:*
Facial pains.
Tenderness of the sinus areas.
Headaches.
Nasal drainage that is thick and colored.
Cough (may be itchy).
Postnasal drip.
Bad breath.
Upper jaw pain.
Sore throat.
Eyes are sensitive to light.
General fatigue.
Eye lids swell.

* Source: National Institutes of Health, and National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

Flu, Colds, Sinus pain...anyone else suffering??

No comments: