Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A long, long time ago...


I miss the outdoors. When I was a kid I would literally spend all day outside playing in the dirt, swimming, and just wandering around. I think part of it was that I lived right on the banks of the Suwannee River and there's so much to do out there. Then when I got older and finally had to go to kindergarten I had to spend more time inside. Then when I was about 8 I started playing football. That meant I got to spend more time outside again for football practice. Then when I got older and went to High School I started working on a farm during the summers. I was outside for 8 or more hours a day. Plus football practice during the school year which was at least 3-4 hours each afternoon. Now that I'm in college I spend less time than ever outside. I work inside and then I go to class. When not in classes I end up having to go to computer labs or inside studying. I guess part of it's my fault that I haven't let myself get outside as much as I'd like to. But part of it is that now I'm in the "city" (Yeah, yeah. Laugh all you want) and nature isn't around as much as it was before, but I'm really going to start trying to take time outside...

A long, long time ago...

1 comment:

Lucci said...

Yeah I know exactly how you feel. Even though I definately wouldn't consider Tallahassee the city, I definately miss playing outside. That's why I enrolled in Flag football this semester. Just to get me outside somehow. You should do it next semester.-Tony