Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's Senior Year:(

Hey everyone!! I hope your weekend went well which for most of you it seemed to! So I know some people have been talking about their problems, well sorry I am too:( I am in this huge dilemma right now because I really don't want to go back to my old job. Its actually a really selfish reason, but the fact that this is my SENIOR year I feel that I am allowed to be a little selfish. So I really don't want to have to work on weekends and besides that I have been working in retail my entire college life and I am so over it. Working at Gymboree is actually quite easy, but I'm so sick of the unmotivated and horrible work ethics that people have. Yes, I know that I want weekends off, but I was probably the hardest worker at both of my retail jobs. (How do you think I moved from Sales Associate to Assistant Manager in 6 months and then to Co-Manager another 3 months after that..its really sad actually considering I was only 19 at the time) So like I said I really don't want to go back to work, well the one thing I hate about Tallahasse is its so hard to find a job here. And its really hard to find a job where I work only 2 or 3 days a week(since I am taking way more credits then I ever have) and preferably on weekdays. Think about it though..there are 8 home games this year and one in Jax, then if I can even scavenge up enough money to try and go to New York, Halloween(on a Friday!) is during FAMU Homecoming and all of my friends won't be here and I always have to work since everyone else I work with goes to FAMU, and not to mention if my parents come up here or I want to go home a weekend. Its just that I will be (hopefully) working in a year or so what I will be doing my whole life so this is the time to do what you want! Go crazy. I always told myself that my senior year I would do it all so yes I want to! It would be nice to have a meaningful job though. I know I'm being very selfish, not to say though that I'm not a hard worker cause if I have a job I do it right. I've been working since I was 16 so I have a great work-ethic. I know your saying why not work, I've already had to take out a loan this last year just because I can't work as much as I used to. Why does college have to be so expensive? Sorry, but this has just been on my mind like crazy. I did have a great weekend though. In addition, I was thinking that maybe our client could be a deodorant. Have you ever seen commercials for them..its horrible. There is on creative thought in it at all! The only people who I think have gotten it is AXE and Tag which are both for men.  I have tried to look online for the Secret Flawless one where the women is walking around New York City with her arms raised the whole time. I think the worst part in it is when she hails for a cab and then says "I'd rather walk" with her hands in the air pointing to the direction in which she is going. I know you all have probably seen it. But I have seen it all weekend and it annoys me more and more each time it plays. I just think it is so pointless and I would rather turn the channel then watch that horrible commercial one more time. Sorry I couldn't find it. But now that I have said that you are all going to notice yet. Any by the way when I was looking for it online there are many blogs and forums dedicated to how much people hate this commercial. Which says something..Secret please take it off air!!!! 


PS: So if anyone knows of a good job let me know!!!! Lol 

It's Senior Year:(

No comments: