Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Visualization

I am taking "Stretch and Relaxation" for one credit hour this semester. I honestly didn't expect much out of this class, but it has completely blown my mind. My teacher use to be a professional soccer player in Asia, amongst other great achievements. He implements a lot of Eastern meditation and visualization practices with us, as well as many more. To be honest this teacher weireded me out a little because he is SO happy, relaxed, and filled with joy at 8 in the morning. I am a very critical person so visualization and meditation is something I would never believed to work as much as it does. I can feel my negativity in a lot of things evolving into positivity simply because my outlook is changing. As graduation approaches I have been stressed out, overwhelmed, and going a bit crazy. It never occurred to me that happiness and peace will simply come to you if you wish for it. I always expect the worst, so I am satisfied when it turns out better. That's a horrible way to look at life. I have learned that I need to be more positive about everything. Your positivity will rub off onto your surroundings and positive things will happen to you. I know I must sound like Dr. Phil or something but I have been reading a lot about visualization and the chakras system. As a new chapter in my life starts I want to do things a bit differently. I don't want to be stressed all the time, I want to have more joy, I want to be excited to wake up in the morning, I want to release some of the restrictions I have on myself so I can be more creative. I really believe that a change in your positivity can change a lot of things in your life for the better. As creatives we should be treating our minds a little better than we do, after all that is what we rely on. Below is an article on visualization, just a little food for though...

click me:-)

Visualization

No comments: