Monday, September 22, 2008

Tasty Treat


I love to cook and bake, and generally just play around in the kitchen with recipes and food. So when I found this candy recipe (directions to follow) on the internet I was extremely excited to try it out - especially since it only has 2 ingredients! I whipped it up and realized that it was pretty tasty - but it needed something salty to balance out the sweet. So I adapted it and made it my own by adding chopped peanuts and putting them into baking cups so it made individual servings. Everyone that tried them flipped over it (my boss ate 7 of them) and it is so easy and cheap to make, I thought I would share the recipe. :]

Cookies and Cream Chocolates
1 package of Oreos (you can use reduced fat, extra stuffed, peanut butter, mint; whatever you like best)
1 bag of white chocolate chips
1 cup of chopped peanuts

1. Put all the Oreos in a sturdy ziplock bag and crush them using a cup or rolling pin.
2. Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl (about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds).
3. Mix the Oreos into the melted chocolate.
4. Spoon the mixture onto wax paper or into baking cups by the tablespoon so they form little clusters.
5. Sprinkle the chopped nuts down over the top.
6. Let dry and enjoy!

Tasty Treat

No comments: