Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Car Troubles

So I'm supposed to be on my way driving to class at the moment, but as soon as I tried to start it...nothing happened and it became apparent I must wait for AAA assistance, so I figured while I wait for them to come save me I should blog.

People are always looking for what their strengths and weaknesses are, even if it is subconsciously. One of my personal strengths is knowing random useless facts. My weakness is technology. It is interesting to see how people can turn their personal interests and strengths into a career. When picking a major it is always important to think what kind of job you can get with that kind of degree. However, it is also important to look back at what you really enjoy doing. If you can not stand doing math problems, you probably should not be an accountant (no matter how much money you might make). If you cannot stand children, you should not be a teacher or a pediatrician. If you are really unorganized you should not be a secretary. If you thrive on structure you should not be a creative in advertising firms. The decision of life after college is something which plagues all college students. There are the few which simply say "I want a degree" and pay little attention to what it is in, as long as they can write BA on their resume, but all the while they are still thinking where they want to turn that resume in to. It seems like my whole life has been one preparation for the next step, pre-school to elementary school to middle school to high school to junior college and now to FSU, where I have to start looking at "real" life and from then into my family's life and retirement. It's almost as if you have been planning to retire since birth. I always wonder if there will be a time where you can stop looking for the future and just really enjoy what you are good at doing.

And Still waiting for the AAA man to arrive. He called saying he was on his way 45 minutes ago. My roommate dropped her car off at the mechanic's today and I was supposed to drop her off there on my way to class. So now we are both stranded transportationless.

Meet the Fockers is on TV. Robert DiNero did a really amazing job as the father in this movie. It begs to ask who really has these big extravagant houses and crazy cool family outings though. Well I guess I'm going to go wait for AAA again. Have fun in the first part of class tongiht, hopefully I can join you soon!

Car Troubles

No comments: