Tuesday, September 16, 2008


Social Media: Everybody is doing it.

I have mentioned my internship previously and in light of our class work on viral campaigning, I wanted to share my internship assignment this week. The Onyx Group is an advertising Agency that has rebranded itself in the last few months from Studio Nine Twenty. It was my job this week to add our new profile to multiple sites including Facebook, Plaxo, MySpace and Linked IN. We also have a blog which we update frequently. We wanted to be sure that we are practicing the marketing techniques which we preach. Previously I had only experimented with these social networking sites for my own personal benefit, it was interesting to take it from a professional standpoint and I was surprised to find that many of our clients and vendors are doing the same. Many businesses have become adjusted to networking through these sites and I’m very excited to see the developments these sites will take toward professionals in the next few years. We at the Onyx Group believe in mixing play and work and we had fun adding our own personal inside jokes to our activities, hobbies, about us, photos, and etc. Check us out when you have a minute.

No comments: