Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Fahja is a GENIUS!

Hey, Friends! (Just as an FYI--I address everyone as "friends" even upon first meeting that person. If this is wrong then I don't want to be right.)

I don't really know how to start off this blog without jumping right in...I had a HORRIBLE DAY! I mean, bad news bears. Basically, my office is extremely understaffed at the moment so my co-worker and I (her name is Shandrea, my name is Andrea--pretty cool!) have been picking up the extra slack. Well, I don't mind this part at all. The only issue is my boss of doom! I won't go into the nitty-gritty but basically she is a fool. Exhibit A: She forgot to turn in our time sheets(old school, whatttt) so now Shandrea and I won't get paid this Friday like the rest of the College of Law employees. Don't worry, though--she will still get paid. Whew, now I can sleep at night. (That was her comforting me, telling me she will still get her paycheck).

Well, on my drive home, I was a bit upset with how my day was going. I was sick of work and just wanted to go home to attempt to relax before our lovely class. Alright, I'm driving home and turn onto Ocala. Some mean soul apparently thought I was going way too slow(5 miles over the speed limit, I'm a tortoise), so he switches lanes and proceeds to shake his head at me while he passes me. On any other day I would just brush this off and feel sorry for the person for being so negative. Well, not today! I decided to retaliate! I gave him not just one, but TWO birds! Now please don't judge me for showing a bit of hostility but I rationalized it in my head for my bad day, haha. The funny part about all of this, though, is that when we got to Tennessee Street, it was a red light! Way to speed up to make it to a red light, guy! He was literally the straw that broke this camel's back!

All of this road rage got me thinking about an idea my Dad had back in the day. His idea was to have a "Worst Driver of the Week" website where people would nominate horrible drivers and then everyone else could go to the website and see the pictures of these bad drivers! He said he would then send the bad drivers a t-shirt, something to put on their car indicating the lack of driving ability, and sign a promise that says they will be a better driver. When he first told me of his idea I was immediately wearing my black hat...I was full of concerns! I didn't know how he would take their picture, why people wouldn't sue for having their photo on this website, etc. etc.

The more I think about it, I love the idea! I would definitely nominate the old man of hatred that shook his old man head at me today! What a jerk!

Hmmph!

ps--Any future possible employers who are reading this, I swear I don't go driving around flicking people off! I am a JOY in the workplace! : )

My Fahja is a GENIUS!

No comments: