Monday, September 15, 2008

No Likes




Our first day of creative 2 class reminded me of my consistent problem with using the word "like" incorrectly.

Since I always use the word "like" in daily conversation, I have been trying to refrain from saying it lately...and it's definitely harder than I thought I would be. I try to pause and think about what I'm really trying to say before I actually say it, instead of murmuring like in between every other word.

Is anyone else struggling with this like (correct, right?) I am?

Well I turned to Google for more solutions, so I Googled"stop saying like" and I found these ads from The Academy of Linguistics!!

(Notice the spelling errors)....

No Likes

3 comments:

Amanda Gibbs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda Gibbs said...

LOL like awesome!

Hahahaha....JK!!!

Tom Laughon said...

Create a Stop Like campaign for our class ... then viral it out to the world at large. Like is like as insidious as like global warming in my book. If you help stamp our like, like now, like you may win like the Nobel Peace Prize.