Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's a small world after all....

Ok it's a scary thing how small this world we call advertising is. I have recently been submitting my resume for numerous positions, many of them not even in advertising. I found myself really early to the Ad Club meeting yesterday so I sat down and started replying to some emails in the hall. Andy Jorishie, VP of Advertising at Zimmerman, was the guest speaker for Ad Club and arrived early like me. He was talking to some people and all of the sudden blurted out "who is Chelsee MacDonald?" Surprised I peeped my head out of my laptop and said "that would be me!" He pulled me aside and told me a friend of a friend had emailed him today and said that my resume had slid across their desk and asked him for a recommendation since I work at Zimmerman. Not even knowing who I was Andy gave me a good recommendation. Awesome! Today that employer that asked about me called me. I'm super stoked about all of this. It's exciting to see that my hard work job hunting is paying off. I haven't gotten any offers yet, or even interviewed with anyone yet, but the simple fact of how this incidence happened got me excited. Every position you get the opportunity to take can help you in more ways than you know. Just thought I would share this networking story since networking is the essence of our industry!

So get out there people!

See you tonight!

It's a small world after all....

No comments: