Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Spryte!


So after spending my Saturday in the pouring rain (in which I proceeded to sell my student ticket AND student ID to some chick from Penn State-thank you Jack Daniels) I went on a mission Sunday. So for the past few months I'd been in a custody battle. I know what you're thinking-what Whitney has kids? Well sort of-my child is my adorable border collie named Spryte (no, not like the soda-yes, like the fairy). My ahemCRAZYahem ex-boyfriend acquired her after our messy break up. Spryte was rightfully mine, though-I rescued her from an animal shelter when I was in high school. I let him know that she was mine quite frequently too. So after some persuading (and probably enough complaining) he finally relinquished custody! So I made my travels on Sunday to Tampa for the rescue mission. I brought two friends with me-just in case any back up was needed. Luckily, things went smoothly. The picture above is from our ride back. So I know that everyone says they have the coolest, smartest, whateverest dog in the world-but trust me I really do! Border Collie's are known for being extremley intelligent dogs, and very capable of learning. I found a video on YouTube a while back and I am determined to teach Spryte to do all of these amazing tricks. She's not quite there yet, but it's so cool to see the creative things that people can teach a dog to do. Here is the video-and you guys can look for Spryte to be doing cool stuff very soon :) (i also don't know how to post youtube videos on here so you have to follow the link-but trust me..it's worth it!)

Spryte!

No comments: