Monday, January 26, 2009

Ad Music

Lately I realized that a large amount of the current music I listen to, I have discovered from watching TV and the advertisements. Especially with the growing popularity of Apple, they have been on fire with the music they pair with their commercials. Everything is always so catchy and fresh. They say that as an musican/band, to have a song on an Apple commercial automatically grants you such exposure and popualrity. Working with music in advertising would be an awesome job, being able to find the right tune to make the commercial above the rest. I'm not sure how it is with most guys, but I know a lot of girls who will remember an ad with a great and catchy song in it. Among all the Apple and Ipod songs one of my favorites is the AT&T commercial with "Sweet Pea" by Amos Lee. Very mellow and fun tune. Now you are starting to see the title and artist shown through out or in the beginning of the commercial so viewers, such as myself, can quickly tag it and add it to their playlist. It breaks away from the normal overplayed radio singles that are out there and allows you to become aware of what else is out there, without the work of searching.

Ad Music

No comments: