Monday, January 19, 2009

Snow


This past week in Tallahassee has been FREEZING! Some days would start off in the 30's. It seems that winter has finally arrived, but what good is cold weather without snow? Unfortunately, it doesnt snow in Florida :( Cold weather is just miserable and pointless without snow!

For those of you who don't know me, I am from Maryland, so I LOVE snow! Each year, my friends from up north like to keep me updated when they get a new snowfall (one of my friends called me a couple days ago to tell me it snowed this past week). They get to go snowboarding/skiing all the time. It makes me jealous because I haven't seen a good snowfall for the past 2 and 1/2 years at least, and I have never been snowboarding. Everyone from Maryland is envious of me however, because they wish they could have warm and sunny days. I quickly inform them that it isn't so warm here during winter and that it can get pretty cold.

One reason I miss snow (and this probably sounds so childish) is I miss playing in it. We would spend hours upon end outside playing in the snow, and we could get really creative with the snow. We used to create ice slopes so we could sled down the hill and go faster since it was icy. We also used to make snowmen and build igloos. After a long day outside, my mom would have hot chocolate ready for us in the kitchen to warm us up.

Besides playing in it, snow was just great when school was cancelled because of it. There were times when blizzards would come through , and we would be out of school and were snowed in for a week. One year it snowed during finals week, and it pushed back our finals, so we had more time to study for them.

After college, I plan to move somewhere north of Florida so I will be able to enjoy snow again.

Snow

No comments: