Sunday, January 18, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

At the start of 2009, my friends and I made the new years resolution to take it easy and focus more of our energy on school. We thought finding other activities to occupy ourselves at night in Tallahassee, aside from going out, would be a good start. Recently, we have been going to see a lot of movies. A couple that I recommend you go see are: Choke, Doubt, and Slumdog Millionare. Slumdog Millionaire, in particular, was the best movie I have seen in the past year. This masterpiece was directed by Danny Boyle, who is also responsible for some of my favorite movies including: Trainspotting, Sunshine, and The Beach. Depicted in the Indian city of Mumbai, Slumdog shows the absolute worst and best parts of life there. It follows the life a young orphan who ultimately ends up with everything he has always wanted (I didn't spoil anything with that). This movie makes you appreciate your life and leaves you with the best feeling inside. A couple days after I saw it in theatres, Slumdog won the Golden Globes for Best Director, Best Screenplay, and Best Movie. So even if you don't trust my movie taste, you should probably still go see what all the fuss is about.
1815 Thomasville Rd,
Tallahassee, FL 32303
(850) 224-2617
Slumdog Millionaire (R, 120 min.)
1:00pm 1:40pm 3:50pm 4:30pm 6:40pm 7:20pm 9:30pm 10:10pm

Slumdog Millionaire

1 comment:

Jonny Arcila said...

This movie was amazing! I'm glad someone else has seen this. I liked the dance scene at the end of the movie lol