Monday, January 19, 2009

Inspiration from the Fun Station


This past weekend I had the time of my life. That type of statement usually pops out of my mouth when I've attended a good party or did something truly productive. At this point you might be wondering, "what exactly did he do this weekend?" The answer to that question is simple, I went to Fun Station. That's right, I will repeat it, I went to Fun Station.

It was my first time going there, but I had high hopes for the journey I was about to embark on. I walked into the door, and I could hear Isaac Hayes faintly in the background belting out the theme song from Shaft. After that moment I knew that I could call Fun Station my new home.

Fun Station isn't your typical entertainment center. If you want it, they've got it. Laser tag, go-karts, bumper boats, golf, and top notch video games are some of what they feature. I felt like a little kid in a playground, I was literally running from area to area.

This weekend taught me many vital lessons. I've realized that some people take their lives too seriously and don't get a chance to live in a world where there are no pressures. Taking a moment out of my day to relive my childhood was the recipe to cure my stress pains. I highly recommend that you go out and take a moment to enjoy what the world has to offer. You only live once, and at the end of the day appreciation for the joys in life are what define people.

I think Christopher Gardner (the entrepeneur whom the movie "The Pursuit of Happyness" was based upon) coined it best when he said-

"It was right then that I started thinking about Thomas Jefferson on the Declaration of Independence and the part about our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And I remember thinking how did he know to put the pursuit part in there? That maybe happiness is something that we can only pursue and maybe we can actually never have it. No matter what. How did he know that?"

-Jonny Arcila

Inspiration from the Fun Station

No comments: