Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Run Forest Run!

So this past weekend I went on FSU Wesley's annual winter retreat. On they way back our bus watched Forest Gump. At first I decided that sleeping was more important than watching the movie especially because I had just taken Dramamine and Advil (not a fan of buses). I found it difficult to sleep though because the only volumes there seemed to be on the bus were loud or louder. So I stayed up and watched this movie that so many said was amazing. I enjoyed the movie and did enjoy the different characters. My favorite thing about Forest Gump,however, was not how he spoke or even what he said, it was his ability to make things happen simply because he tired something new. Sometimes I think creativity is so hard and you have to be a certain type of person (slightly crazy) to be creative. From watching the movie, however, I realized that if I simply think I can be creative and just simply try, I might accomplish more than I realized I was trying to accomplish. So the next time I think I can't be creative I'll remember when Jenny yelled "run Forest run" and his leg braces broke off. Maybe my braces will come off too.

Run Forest Run!

No comments: