Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Photoshoot

As Editor-In-Chief of a biannual, collegiate fashion publication, called Clutch Magazine, my job is to oversee the production of the magazine. That means I get to choose what gets published and what doesn't. Every aspect of creating an issue involves creativity, from writing good pieces to editing pictures and creating a theme.


This weekend is the Spring 2009 issue's photoshoot. The theme is called "Reinventing Utopia." What exactly does that mean? Well, in other words, it is modernizing a perfect world, or at least the idea of it. Our inspiration came from the movie "Pleasantville," which sets in the 50's, an idyllic decade; think "Leave It to Beaver." The shoot starts out in black and white with an All-American girl in 50's garb and perfect hair, which then progresses to pops of color and modern style. If I told you any more, I'd be giving it away, but that's what's been on my mind lately.

Photoshoot

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the movie pleasantville!