Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fly Like Paper...

... and I'm not talking about that overplayed hipster theme song by British songwriter M.I.A. 


I'm talking about paper planes, the kind made out of paper--yeah, the ones that you fold up and throw into the air. Lately I can't stop making them; I have a collection just laying around the house. I have my favorite kind, not sure what you'd call it, but I like to call it an F-16 Flying Falcon.



I challenge anyone to fold a plane better than mine. In fact... someone please use that as a Kickstart. Let's have a paper airplane contest/race. All I ask is that there be no paper rings... that isn't a plane. A plane consists of a body with 2 wings.

The trick is in the symmetry from side to side, and then the balance between the front and the back.

I'm sure you'll see me in class folding up a storm

-JLRich

Fly Like Paper...

2 comments:

Jonny Arcila said...

Bring it on, my plane will take yours down lol

Anonymous said...

OK, your design looks pretty cool. VERY cool in fact! I have a design that is 1)very stable, even at high speeds, 2)totally unusual 3)is made completely of paper, besides the ballast 4)consists of two annular wings on a shaft

Do you have video of your F-16 Flying Falcon?

I'll swap you video to start, of my design in flight vs yours.

Contest? I'm in. Though I don't know where you are on the map.

Pop in to see my design (DIY deuce) at http://www.skyaak.com