Tuesday, January 27, 2009

TRUST ME!

 Last night was the series premier of "Trust Me", a new show about two guys working in an advertising agency. We had talked about Mad Men in class and how it is a great show, so when I heard about this new show that was about advertising in modern times I was excited and expected something great. While I don't think the show was awful, it definitely was not what I expected. For being a show about advertising, an extremely creative industry, the show seemed to last just that--- creativity. Eric McCormick even plays a creative director in the show! I love both of the actors who are starring in this show (McCormick and Tom Cavanagh) and I think that is for that reason that I am willing to give the show another chance. The first episode though was over the top and not compelling at all. There wasn't anything in it that really made me want to continue to watch it to see what happens next. I mean in the first two minutes of the show... someone died! How are you going to kill someone off in the first episode? It just made no sense to me. It was like you start watching this show and you begin to get upset with this character and not really like him and then poof! he's gone. Just like that the villain is dead. I guess it will be interesting to see where they go with this show. If every episode is like the first one, I don't see how they will be able to keep this going for long. However, in the shows defense I think it is going to go in a similar direction as 'NipTuck' with the romantic element at the workplace and drama between the workers. Which actually can be very true and relatable to many people in advertising. I remember when I was in NYC talking to professionals in the business, I would ask them how they maintain a family life and their job and they said "you don't. You usually marry someone from your job." Which I thought was interesting then and could see the show going towards that now.  Either way, It is a show about advertising and working in an agency and it might be interesting for everyone to watch and formulate their own opinion on. As for me, I'm going to give it another shot next monday night and see how it goes!


TRUST ME!

No comments: