Friday, January 16, 2009

A Rat Named Hot Pocket


So a little over a year ago, my roommate tells me that she is thinking about getting a pet rat for the apartment. Yes, a rat. My other roommates and I were 100% against her getting a rat, especially since we already had two sugar gliders and a beta fish. We had a house full of unconventional pets. Needless to say, she ended up getting the rat, and Hot Pocket has been the best addition to our family. If anyone is looking to get a pet, and maybe can't get a normal pet, (i.e. dog or cat) then I strongly suggest a rat. She responds to her name when called, loves ice cream, loves to cuddle and licks your fingers just like a puppy. She has become a part of our family. If I have learned anything from this experience, "Don't knock it until you try it." I'm so glad that my roommate decided not to listen to the rest of us!

A Rat Named Hot Pocket

2 comments:

Arlen Mabe said...

oh my gosh, it's so cute! I love the fact that it eats ice cream.

nicolexcellent said...

SO i kind of understand the whole unconventional pet thing...when i still lived at home oh so many years ago, my little brother, who is now 8 years old,but was about 4 at the time, decided to name/rename all of our pets. We had, no lie, a ferret named "bear", a dog named "Hercules", and snake named "fluffy Houdini crocodile hunter wiggles", a bird named "tj", a hamster named "Jason X" and a fish named "birdie". ...exactly, Dr. Doolittle anyone??