Thursday, January 15, 2009

My shoulder's aren't dainty

You all have probably seen one of these ads at some point, but in 2005 nike women launched a campaign with multiple ads like "I have thunder thighs" and "My shoulder's aren't dainty". This is actually what got me into advertising. I have competitively swam my entire life, so I have broad shoulders. Needless to day, I especially liked the My shoulder's aren't dainty ad. I wrote my college essay and my essay for the communications department about the campaign. It was one of the first ads I had seen that catered to athletic women, or "real" bodies. I just thought you guys would want to check it out in case you have never seen it!

http://wp.nkut.com/My_shoulders_arent_dainty_Nike_Women-5089.html

My shoulder's aren't dainty

1 comment:

Caitlyn said...

I really like this ad too, i also have been a swimmer my whole life, a butterflier, so i know watcha mean :)