Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Trust me

Last night I watched the premiere of the tv show Trust Me on TNT. It's a new drama featuring the daily events that go on at a Chicago advertising agency. The two main characters, Mason (Eric McCormack) and Connor (Tom Cavanagh), are a successful creative team who are good friends, but one is promoted over the other and their friendship is tested. Last night's episode was just the introduction but it seems pretty interesting to me just because it's cool to see what exactly they go through (although it may not be all true) I think I'll keep watching to see how it ends up. It's refreshing sort of to see a tv show that's not about cops or detectives (not that I don't like those, I love law and order) but I guess it's just easier to relate to. This episode was really fun at the end when they presented a pitch for a cell phone and Mason sort of came up with something on the top of his head and told this crazy story of a cell phone creating fear. The tag line ended up being "what can you do with one hand?" Each episode Mason and Connor need to come up with new slogans for their clients and deal with the “crisis of the week.” This of course leads to some pretty funny scenes. The friendship between Mason and Connor is one of the best things in the show because they are such opposites, it creates an interesting dynamic that works for the show. I hope to have relationships like them when I get a job. (granted I probably wouldn't be as mean as they are to each other sometimes.) It's overall a good show though- it's on Monday nights at 10 on TNT. check it out! here's a preview video for it for those who haven't heard about it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JolkpxOR2E&feature=related

Trust me

1 comment:

Michela Fleury said...

I just wrote my blog on this and then saw that you did too! oops. but I watched it last night too.. im not sure exactly how i feel about it yet, but im willing to give it another shot just because it is about advertising and has "Will" in it ! :)