Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A.D.I.D.A.F. (All Day I Dream About Florence/Food)

Instead of the original A.D.I.D.A.S. I replaced the "S" with an "F" --> I decided to take my own acronym since literally "all I do is dream about Florence/food" (two of my passions).  I was recently going through pictures from last spring when I studied abroad in Florence and came across one restaurant I became very fond of, and probably went there way too much since I knew the owners on a first name basis.  This restaurant is called Acqua Al 2, bringing in locals and tourists from all over.  As much as we would like to try everything on their menu, it is extremely large so they have sampling for salads (3 different types), pastas (5 different types), and steaks (3 incredible mouth-watering steaks).  One of their steaks is what they are most famous for, which is known as the "Blueberry Steak."  At first you might think how gross that sounds, but once you take a bite of this sensational piece of deliciousness you will not be able to put your fork and knife down!  


I came quite often to this place since it was not as pricey as my favorite restaurant in the whole world (In Florence, La Giostra- and yes, I know the owner there as well... and one too many waiters/waitresses).  If anyone is going to Florence in the near future I have an itinerary ready and waiting for you, so please feel free to ask me about anything.  Truly... I really do still dream about Florence and their unbelievable food. 

Check out the restaurant in Florence on youtube:

They also have one in San Diego, so if you happen to travel west anytime soon I highly recommend it!

A.D.I.D.A.F. (All Day I Dream About Florence/Food)

2 comments:

Cynthia N. said...

I started reading your bolg and instantly knew it was you! I miss Aqua al 2 too!Mmmmm blueberry steak...yum!

nicolexcellent said...

personally i miss "il gato e la volpe", pretty much my fav restaurant in the world....i miss florence too and your post makes me happy and sad all at once!