Monday, January 19, 2009

I found this quote and it reminded me of our class and the assignment that we have that is to make the class forget about their problems. It says "sometimes you've got to let everything go-purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything... whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it! Because you'll find that when you are free, your true creativity, your true self comes out." This is definitely right. Sometimes environmental factors can just stress you out and pressure you to the point where your mind goes blank and is incapable of doing anything productive, never mind creative.

Arrowhead had a bonding day/night this past weekend to do exactly what this quote talks about. We want to make sure that ad-team stays fun and exciting and that we are constantly reminded during the hard times that we love the people we are with and the things that we are doing. With that in mind, we went to Fun Station and acted like little kids. It allowed us to all loosen up and become our true selves. We got to know each other on a different level. We played laser-tag(as you can see in the picture above!), rode go-carts and cashed in our coupons for a deflate-able alien for the ad-lab. It got us all excited for the rest of the semester and working with each other. Then because of all the excitement, we couldn't stop talking and brainstorming ideas we had for the campaign.  The whole day was exactly what we needed and just shows that the quote is completely true. 
Also, I just wanted to say that I really look for good first impressions when meeting people and from my first impression of this creative 1 class, I know that the instructors (and the other students in the class) understand the quote I said earlier and for potentially the first time in my college career, I felt a breath of fresh air about a class. I know that it's going to be challenging and that we are all going to have to work extremely hard but I can not wait to see the amazing results that I know they are going to help us all pull out of ourselves. We are going to be an amazing class, so be ready for us!

No comments: