Friday, January 30, 2009

This Post Is About Beer.

Beer.


So i saw an interesting commercial recently. Actually It was last Wednesday after our class.

Miller began airing commercials promoting its "1 second ad," touting it as economically responsible, because a regular 30 second ad during the Super Bowl costs multiple millions of dollars.

I can't help but be a little perplexed by this strategy. Are they planning on airing 30 one-second ads? Will there just be one ad the entire night? Will this strategy pay off? Will it save the company money? Will the hype surrounding this promotion be worth it? How much are they actually spending on this campaign?

Check it out for yourself. You can see some of the ads at the website:

http://1secondad.com/

This Post Is About Beer.

2 comments:

Ashley Fox said...

So I just watched some of the 1 second ads and I thought that they were pretty funny-- I think that you have to have a weird sense of humor though to find entertainment in a 1 second clip. I'm not sure if this will work in the long run, but after just watching the clips, I could use a Miller High Life, I mean it is the champagne of beers..

JLRich said...

I've been watching those HIgh Life commercials as well, and I was waiting for the game for a while to see it.

So last night I was watching the game {commercials) and I saw the one second ad, and I had completely forgot about it until then, but as soon as I saw it all of the previous ads popped right back into my head, and I thought it was GENIUS!!!

we'll see how the market reacts... but I'm already a MHL fan.