Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tasty Friends


Ever since I've started work in the advertising major my roommate Jenn and I have been collecting ads we find in magazines. We clip out the ones that we find particularly good, crazy, creative or in some cases just plain bizarre. Recently Jenn brought the new Swedish Fish campaign to my attention. I think its crazy and fun. For those of you who don't know me that well this is exactly the the type of thing that makes me laugh. At first glance it doesn't make sense then you look it over again and realize that its one of the smartest, genuinely entertaining ads ever. This whole campaign is just fantastic it plays up a quirky sense of humor which is
both irreverent and thought provoking. I love that you have to take the deeper look in order to understand. Also the use of Swedish for yes and no make the whole campaign come off as pseudo intellectual and humorous. All I have to say is I hope that one day I get to produce ads that entertain people as much as these have amused me.


Tasty Friends

No comments: