Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My kind of creativity-- Edible!

If you've ever watched Ace of Cakes on Food Network, you know that the employees at Charm City Cakes act more like a crazy group of kids than culinary artists. They know how to have fun, but they also get things done and put together some amazing cakes, ranging from elegant 5-tier wedding cakes to well-sculpted BLTs and Star Wars ships (any Star Wars nerds out there should check out the incredibly detailed Star Destroyer cake).

The picture on the right is one of a cake they made for Mary Alice's brother, who apparently plays the electric guitar for a rock band and loves his Orange cab+amp. You musicians out there can understand why a guitar player would love this cake! What's funny is this cake probably cost more than the cab did... but hopefully it tasted as good as the real thing sounds :)

Anyway, I'm giving this cake so much attention because a few years down the road I hope to be doing publicity work for bands/musicians, and I'd love to do something a little more creative than the usual flier hand-outs and myspace posts. I'm not a pro in cake decorating, but if a band ever has thousands of dollars to blow on dessert I'll recommend Charm City Cakes.

I love this quote on the CCC website:
"We only have one rule at Charm City Cakes, and that is whatever we do, we must have fun!"
If I don't make it in the advertising world, I want to work there!

My kind of creativity-- Edible!

No comments: